Saturday 3 December 2011

CLASS 6 - REFLECTION

Our last class was our presentations of our case studies. It was great to see everyone's case study and what worked and what did not work with the students. I especially loved to hear the stories of the students who had such a great improvement. It made me remember why I am a teacher. The successes the students have and how proud you feel is the best reward of the job of teaching. Sometimes you can get caught up in the negativeness, the unfairness, the not feeling supported, and the stress of it all. But, when a student you have worked and worked with shows confidence he never had before, or raised his hand when he usually stays quiet, or put so much effort into his work, you are as proud and happy for them as if you were their mother. It is always great to be reminded of that.

I think the whole point of the case study was to match assistive technology to the students. Making a good match is often times life changing for the student and that is the best success of all.  Knowing more about assistive technology and how to match it with the sutdent's needs is going to benefit my teaching greatly.  I have learned so much about what is out there for students.  Many people are afraid of technology because it is unfamiliar to them.  After taking this course, it has given me more confidence to use the technology myself and with my students.